You’ve heard of search engine optimization or SEO, but have you heard about Local SEO? Local SEO can help small or local businesses get found in a local search. If someone needs a local service or is looking to shop locally, they are either going to enter search terms for a certain area, or the geo-location on their device is going to return a local result. Optimizing your website to appear in those local results is local SEO. So how can you show up in those local results?
1. Optimize your website for search terms that include your local area and have a service area page showing where you serve. It used to be that you would create pages for all cities you serve on your site. While that isn’t as useful as it used to be, it is still good for the visitor to know the cities you serve.
2. Make sure that the name, address, phone and website information match your website exactly for any local directories you are listed in. It is important to claim your listing on as many local directory websites as you can and that your information is branded the same and listed the same as your website.
3. Be on Google My Business (verified) as well as Google Maps. Enter or claim your listing on Google My Business and make sure you verify your listing. Brand it like your website, add posts, images, and business hours. The more complete your listing is the better. Make sure you are on Bing Webmaster Tools and Bing Places for Business as well!
4. Be on social media. Make sure that all of your social media profile information is branded like your website and the information about your business is consistent with your website information as well. Be active on social media.
5. Do ongoing work on your website. Keep it fresh and user friendly, and keep up to date on current local SEO trends and information.
If this seems like a lot (and we get it, it is a lot!) POGO Marketing can help. Our local SEO experts can claim your business listings so that they are permanently claimed, brand them the same for you, and keep them updated. We know all the onsite and offsite local SEO tactics and stay on top of what’s new. To see how your website and business is performing locally, give POGO Marketing a call today and let’s get you found for your local storefront or service based business.